Syracuse University Martin Luther King Jr. 2017 Celebration
Unsung Heroes Award
Do you know individuals in the Central New York Community who have made appositive difference in the lives of others, but who are not widely recognized for their efforts?
Syracuse University is seeking nominations for the 2017 Martin Luther King Jr. Unsung Heroes Award, to be presented at the University’s annual celebration dinner on January 29, 2017 in the Carrier Dome.
Award Categories Nominations are sought in the following categories:
• Youth/Teen from Onondaga, Madison, Oswego, Cayuga or Cortland counties;
• Adult from Onondaga, Madison, Oswego, Cayuga or Cortland counties;
• Student from Syracuse University or SUNY-ESF
• Faculty or Staff member from Syracuse University or SUNY-ESF
Eligibility:Individuals or community groups who exemplify the spirit, life, and teachings of Martin Luther King Jr., but have not received widespread recognition for or been previously honored for their efforts, are eligible to be nominated. Work should be ongoing and outside of the nominee’s normal job/student expectations.
Past recipients of this award have led community initiatives; advanced human rights, nonviolence, diversity and nondiscrimination; mentored youth; advocated for peace and justice; and offered support to the most vulnerable citizens of their communities.
Three Ways to Nominate:
• Online at http://mlk.syr.edu
• Online at http://hendricks.syr.edu
• Mail the nomination form to Awards Committee, Martin Luther King Jr. Celebration Committee, Hendricks Chapel, Syracuse University, Syracuse, NY 13244-1110.
Monday, October 10, 2016
Nomination Form Below:
For More Information, Contact
Sylvia T. Langford, Unsung Heroes Award Committee, email@example.com
Ginny Yerdon, Hendricks Chapel, 443-5044, firstname.lastname@example.org